The goal of the initiative is the expansion of a national model for financial education and the development and implementation of vehicle financing for Hispanic youth and their families.
This project has been designed as a national model for the implementation of the bilingual vehicle financing curriculum entitled “The ABC’s of Vehicle Financing”,“El ABC de Financiamiento de Vehiculos” designed for inner-city minority and underrepresented youth and their families. The proposed program goal will be accomplished by implementing the following program objectives:
- Increase awareness and understanding of mostly urban, low-income Hispanic youth of the importance of good credit and saving;
- Disseminate bilingual information, resources and effective strategies for vehicle financing; and
- Disseminate a national train-the-trainer model for program volunteers, academic counselors and teachers;
This project is possible through the collaborative relationship between the ASPIRA Association and Chrysler Financial.
The ASPIRA Association
The ASPIRA Association, a 501(C)3 organization is a national Hispanic organization dedicated to developing the educational and leadership capacity of Latino youth and their families. Since 1961, ASPIRA has been working at the grass-roots level to provide programs that encourage Latino students to stay in school, prepare them to succeed in the educational arena, develop their leadership skills and to serve their community. Please visit ASPIRA for more information.
In the most recent years, the ASPIRA Association has established its Financial Education Institute (FEI). The FEI is a major institutional milestone for ASPIRA. We are committed through this effort to create the next generation of Latino entrepreneurs to increase home ownership and financial literacy among our families, to generate wealth in our communities and to develop the organizational capacity not only at ASPIRA communities, but also among all Latino community organizations aimed to increase our sustainability for the betterment and expansion of our community services. In this effort we are joined by our strategic partners like Chrysler Financial, who are committed to this endeavor.
Chrysler Financial offers a complete line of world-class automotive financial products and services for both dealers and consumers of Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles. In addition to offering vehicle wholesale and retail financing to more than 2,400 Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealers, Chrysler Financial also provides fleet management and lines of credit to dealers. As an industry leader in automotive financing, Chrysler Financial provides its customers with the most innovative and efficient methods of doing business.
As part of its customer service driven mission, Chrysler Financial is deeply committed to financial education and lends its support to financial education programs for students and community groups around the nation. Visit Chrysler Financial for more information.
Curricular modules are designed to be binded using a 1.5″ three ring binder, with a clear plastic outside pocket and spine. Download and print cover and spine for each version (participant and facilitator manuals). To view curricular these files you will need Acrobat Reader.
- Program Introduction: Participants version pdf
- Program Introduction: Facilitators version pdf
- Participant binder cover pdf
- Facilitator binder cover pdf
- Participant binder spine pdf
- Facilitator binder spine pdf
- Facilitator Manual – English version
- Participant Manual Introduction – English Version
- Module 1: Counting your Money
- Module 2: Opening a Bank Account
- Module 3: Establishing and Managing Credit
- Module 4: Getting Ready to Buy a Vehicle
- Module 5: Getting a Vehicle Loan
- Module 6: Keeping your Vehicle and Managing your Money
- Sample Credit Report
- Manual del Facilitador – Modulo 1
- Manual del Facilitador – Modulo 2
- Manual del Facilitador – Modulo 3
- Manual del Facilitador – Modulo 4
- Manual del Facilitador – Modulo 5
- Manual del Facilitador – Modulo 6
- Manual del Estudiante: Modulo 1
- Manual del Estudiante: Modulo 2
- Manual del Estudiante: Modulo 3
- Manual del Estudiante: Modulo 4
- Manual del Estudiante: Modulo 5
- Manual del Estudiante: Modulo 6