Dear Friends of Aspira,
As you know Puerto Rico and the Virgin Island were completely devastated by hurricanes Irma and Maria. There are many things we can do to help from the greater Washington, DC areaand across the nation. First, I encourage everyone to read the presentation available for download below called Unidos Por PuertoRico, What Can I Do. This presentation will guide you on how to help those in need. After you review the briefing, decide how you can contribute to this effort.
In addition, we also recommend the following suggestions:
- Share this webpage with your friends.
- Emergency Contacts Slide – you can do a snapshot of the image below with the phone numbers and SHARE with people in Puerto Rico!
- Social Media Engagement (Facebook, emails, Instagram, LinkedIn…etc.).
- Send a message to all your contacts in social media (all platforms you may use) encouraging them to donate using the following link http://www.unitedforpuertorico.com.
- On all your messages, include at least one hashtag or all of them: #UnidosPorPuertoRico, #UnitedforPR, #PrayForPuertoRico, #HurricaneMaria, or #MariaPR; all help to create online traffic.
- For federal employees, you can sign up for the US DHS Surge Capacity Force Program. Four areas to help include: Logistics, Community Relations, Individual Assistance, or Public Assistance.
- Everyone (including non-federal employees) can sign up to be a Volunteer by contacting the Office of Puerto Rico Federal Affairs (PRFA) Administration via email at [email protected] or completing the volunteer form at www.prfaa.pr.gov/unitedforpuertorico. You may also call them for additional information on how to assist or with questions at +1 (202) 800-3133 (or 3134).