All committees are responsible for the following:
- Electing a Chairperson during club elections at the end of each year.
- Meeting to develop a plan for a particular action/event.
- Researching all detail pertaining to an action/event.
- Establishing task forces whenever necessary to carry out specific duties of a project.
- Considering financial requirements of action/event.
- Working in conjunction with other committees to carry out the work.
- Promote Puerto Rican/Latino culture and build pride in Puerto Rican/Latino heritage among the club members, the student body, and the community.
- Promote knowledge of events and individuals related to the Puerto Rican/Latino experience.
- Develop a plan of action to carry out at least one cultural awareness activity within the school or outer community.
- Research and organize activities that involve the Puerto Rican/Latino culture and experience (i.e.: plays, museums, concerts, movies, etc.)
- Identify and research a major issue that the Puerto Rican/Latino community faces in New York. Issue should be selected by all club members.
- Develop a plan of action to respond to the identified issue.
- Carry out the plan through the club.
- Create a positive image of ASPIRA and the Leadership Club within the school and surrounding.
- Conduct year-around recruitment drives.
- Create and post flyers to advertise club meetings and all special events. (Remember that all flyers must be approved by the ASPIRA Development Office before distribution)
- Maintain and update Leadership Club bulletin board.
- Create a club banner.
- Document participation in activities (i.e.: pictures, essays, awards, posters, etc.)